Looking to trick out your WordPress Blog with a nice background that is fixed in place (does not scroll with the page). It is very simple, navigate to the Dashboard and open the Appearance tab. Select the Background option.
From here you can use the screenshot as reference with the following directions.
- Select your file of the background you want to display on your blog. I usually test the size by making sure it displays well on my desktop. Ensure you have a high resolution when you test.
- Choose the position of the background. Center will ensure your background will display in proper alignment with your blog when the user’s screen resolution is larger than your background image.
- The repeat option will not apply when using a background image large enough to display within the entire window. If you were using a smaller image you could do a nice column tile by selecting the left position and a tile vertical repeat option.
- Set the Attachment setting. To ensure the background image does not scroll with the blog use the fixed setting.
- Preview the changes to make sure it is what you want by clicking the “Vist your site” link (Right click open in new tab).
- If you like what you see all you need to do is click the “Save Changes” button and your done.
Kick back, relax and live the dream.
Shane (Skip) Cherniss